12 Şubat 2013 Salı

Lehigh Valley IronPigs

To contact us Click HERE

In all my timewriting this blog, I have only mentioned the Lehigh Valley IronPigs once, whichsurprised me when I checked. By no means are we 72home-game-season-ticket-hardcore fans, but we end up going to about ahalf dozen games every year, in some combination of group outings on the picnicpatio, private suite gatherings, and to hear my MIL sing the National Anthemwith her choral group.I really enjoygoing to games. I liked going to Washington Nationals games at RFK Stadium whenthe team first moved to DC. Now that team has a fancy stadium in Anacostia whichwe hope to visit this summer while we’re in the city visiting Holly &Steve. My husband and his friend Alan go to Orioles games a few times a year.“We” are Phillies fans, and so is my dad. When the Iron Pigs moved to theValley, we were excited to have our own team. I can’t wait to take Ellen to her first baseball game this summer. Doyou think they sell baseball caps small enough for a 9-month old? How's that paragraph for a stream of random baseball thoughts?

The point of this blog: I saw someinteresting statistics today that I thought might impress even the most casual‘Pigs fan:Attendance atCoca-Cola Park topped 688,000 last year, which puts the Iron Pigs ahead of PennState Football (677K), the Philadelphia 76ers (577K), the Philadelphia Eagles(553K) and every single other minor league baseball team in the country. Thisyear, the team will host the Minor League Baseball World Series.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder