3 Mayıs 2012 Perşembe

Restaurant reviews

To contact us Click HERE
If you've been reading Lehigh Valley Transplant for a while, you know that I try not to review restaurants, but instead, to recommend them. Since it's a small Lehigh Valley we live in (trust me), I find this policy makes it a lot more fun to go out, since the owners and staff of the places we go aren't wondering whether I'm a friend or foe.

Yes, there are places I have gone that aren't great. Sometimes I go back a few times to make sure, other times I never get around to it, but rest assured, you won't hear about places I don't like. There's enough negativity in the world, and I'm too busy to trash-talk small business owners who work hard and count on business from local customers to put their kids through college. I prefer to use my powers for good - to highlight the places I like and think you might enjoy.

I have profiled a few restaurants that were "coming soon" that turned out to be just okay or bad, either service or food-wise, but I have no regrets. I still root for the underdog and newcomer and wish them the best. I also don't think I'm a food critic. There are some places I think are a waste of time that people perennially line up for.

Some relative newcomers to the Lehigh Valley blogging scene have been posting some kind, encouraging and inspiring reviews lately, and in the spirit of blogging community, I want to share them with you.

A House. Of Dumplings. In Bethlehem. by fromherenow
Prince Palace Dumpling House
5000 Bath Pike Bethlehem, PA 18017
Prince Palace Dumpling House on Facebook

Finally, a New Food Truck by the elvee
Fud Truk at Lehigh University

Brunch is Back. Tummies Everywhere Rejoice. by savethekales
Honey Underground/Balasia/Chef Wendy

Taqueria La Lupita by Evans Eats
4 W. 4th St. Bethlehem

New Hope/Lambertville hosts annual Restaurant Week by Lehigh Valley Food
The event runs March 18-23.

If you enjoy my blog, or reading the others, please vote for us at The Morning Call blog contest. You can vote once a day if you have or create a login. While you're there, click around and discover some new local blogs! Cheers.

Click here to vote for my blog

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder