3 Mayıs 2012 Perşembe

#lehighbeatduke

To contact us Click HERE
On Friday night, Lehigh University beat Duke University it the first round of the NCAA men's basketball tournament. If you hadn't already heard...



Seriously, one of the best moments in sports history - and it wasn't even that close - way to go Mountainhawks!

Lehigh University is my grad school, and I earned my bachelor's degree at another Patriot League school. I always go to at least one basketball game (usually at Lafayette - I think Kirby Field House is a fabulous, old-school place to watch a game) each year. The Lafayette faithful come out every year to cheer on their team, despite the fact that they nearly always lose to my alma mater. Hi Pete, Mayor, Judge Dally, and Donald... :) The players' parents and I tend to be the only fans in red, white and blue.

So when Lehigh plays Xavier tonight, in the next round, I'll be cheering for them. And if you live in the Lehigh Valley, no matter where you went to school (unless it's Xavier) you should be, too.

Great places in Bethlehem to watch the game, where there are guaranteed to be a bunch of students, alumni, and local fans (plus TV's tuned to the game), are:
  • Molly's Irish Grille & Sports Pub - 4 East 4th Street
  • Starters Riverport Restaurant - 17 West 2nd Street
  • Starters Pub - 3731 Pennsylvania 378
  • P.J. Whelihan's Pub & Restaurant - 3395 High Point Blvd
  • Copperhead Grille-Center Valley - 5737 Route 378

Click here to vote for my blog

    Hiç yorum yok:

    Yorum Gönder