19 Haziran 2012 Salı

Summer Hoops in Allentown

To contact us Click HERE
Instead of playing baseball, my grandson decided to join AAU basketball this Summer. As much as I'd love to see him at second base or leading off this time of year, that's his call and I support it. He's so crazy about basketball that he actually takes shots in his sleep.

His AAU team, Lehigh Valley Heat, travels most weekends. He's playing some great teams in D.C., Philly, Baltimore and even Ohio. I'm unable to tag along to those games, as I can't really afford the hotel rooms.

Thankfully, he's playing in another league, too, and it's right in my price range.

$0.

On Monday and Wednesday nights, hundreds of Lehigh Valley kids descend upon Allentown's beautiful Cedar Beach and Alton Parks for summer hoops.

Dat's team ? "A-town Assault." Last night, they devoured a squad from Macungie, appropriately called the "Big Macs."

Is he learning anything? Beats me. But he's having fun. The kids have cool names and numbers on their Jerseys. Dat is "Who Dat?" Another young man is called "Cyphers." Isaiah Graves has a #3 backwards. And so on.

It's very cool. But when I'm running, and hear the sound of a bat hitting a ball, I still have to stop and watch, if only for a moment.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder